White corundum is made of industrial alumina powder, melted in an arc at a high temperature of more than 2000 degrees, and then cooled. It is crushed and shaped, de-ironed by magnetic separation, and sieved into multiple particle sizes. Its texture is dense, high hardness, and the particles form sharp angle It is suitable for manufacturing ceramics, resin-consolidated abrasives, grinding, polishing, sand blasting, precision casting (corundum for precision casting), etc. It can also be used to manufacture advanced refractory materials, code-named "WA" in international general standards.There are two types of density, one is: bulk density, and the other is true density.
1.53~1.99g/cm3, the bulk density of the abrasive is related to the particle size of the abrasive and the "particle shape" of the "granular composition" and other factors. Generally speaking, the coarse-grained abrasive is finer than the fine-grained abrasive. The bulk density is greater than the single particle size density.
3.95~4.0g/cm3, the true density of abrasive refers to the mass of abrasive contained in unit volume (excluding the volume of open pores).
45%~55%. The basic particle size is an important indicator to ensure the grinding effect. It should be properly controlled during production, but the production speed may slow down.
1. Does not affect the color of the processed parts;
2. It can be used to blast sand in a process where the residual iron powder is strictly prohibited;
3. The fine powder grade is very suitable for wet sandblasting and polishing operations;
4. Fast processing speed and high quality;
5. The amount of iron oxide contained is extremely low, suitable for blasting operations where iron residues are strictly prohibited;
6. After pickling step to remove impurities.
|Color after calcination dark blue|
|Melting point||2250 C|
|Maximum operating temperature||1900 C|
|Refractive index||e=1.760w=1.768（Na line）|
|Resistivity||30 C 300 C 900|
|Linear expansion coefficient||（7-9）*10^-6/K（0-1600C）|
| Reacts with acid slightly corrodes|
in aqua regia and hydrofluoric acid
|Reacts with alkali Only slightly |
reacts with strong alkali hot melt
Physical and chemical indicators
Scope of application: White corundum abrasives are suitable for beautifying the surface of various high-end products, processes or hardware. After sandblasting, the surface is white without any impurities, eliminating the trouble of cleaning. Fine white corundum can be used as the head of polishing. Can also be used as additives for various products. It can be used as solid and coated abrasives, wet or dry or blasted sand, suitable for crystal, super precision grinding and polishing in the electronics industry, and making advanced refractory materials. It is suitable for processing hardened steel, alloy steel, high-speed steel, high carbon steel and other harder materials with higher tensile strength. It can also be used as contact media, insulators and precision casting sand. Derusting, decontaminating and descaling of iron workpieces, increasing the adhesion of coatings and coatings; descaling of aluminum workpieces, surface strengthening and light decoration; matte effect of descaling of copper workpieces and crystal frosted glass products , Matte effect of carved plastic products, denim and other special fabric plush processing and effect patterns
1. Surface processing: metal oxide layer, black carbide skin, metal or non-metal surface rust removal, such as gravity die casting mold, oxide or release agent of rubber mold, black spots on ceramic surface, uranium color removal, painting Rebirth.
2. Landscaping: all kinds of gold, K gold jewelry, matt or matte surface treatment of precious metal products, crystal, glass, corrugated, acrylic and other non-metallic matte surface processing and can make the surface of the processed object into metallic luster
3. Etching: jade, crystal, agate, semi-precious stones, seals, elegant stones, antiques, marble tombstones, ceramics, wood, bamboo, etc.
4. Pre-treatment processing: Teflon (TEFLON), PU, rubber, plastic coating, rubber drum (ROLLER), electroplating, metal spray welding, titanium plating and other pre-treatment to increase the surface adhesion.
5. Flash processing: remove the flash of bakelite, plastic, zinc, aluminum die-casting products, electronic parts, magnetic core, etc.
6. Stress relief processing: stress relief processing for parts of aerospace, national defense, precision industry, rust removal, paint extinction, renovation, etc.